What effects can the environment have on gene expression?
- Discuss the role that nutrition plays in regulating transcription factors.
- List the changes that toxicants may induce in the protein structure, nucleic acid sequence, and/or fatty acid metabolites.
- Describe mechanisms of epigenetic transfer of information.
- Describe how toxicants can induce changes in epigenetic information that can be transferred to subsequent generations.
- Describe how gene/ environment/time interactions affect developmental disorders and disorders of aging.
- Describe features of model systems used to examine gene/ environment interactions.
- Describe toxicant/toxin effects on gene expression.
- Describe genetic polymorphisms that affect toxicokinetics and risk.