Risk assessment and risk management
How is the science of toxicology applied to government regulations to ensure the protection of individuals and the environment?
- Describe the controversy of threshold versus non-threshold assumptions with regard to regulatory policy regarding toxicants.
- Describe the major environmental laws of the United States (and/or other nations).
- Discuss the importance of regulatory harmonization across various markets.
- Describe how toxicology testing is used to inform regulatory policy.
- Describe efforts to reduce the use of animals in research.
- Contrast risk assessment and risk management.