Pathways and transformations of energy and matter
How does the concept of dose-response relate to toxicology?
- Describe the different protocols for dosing: exposure time, administration, absorbance, internal, and delivered.
- Describe a dose-response curve, labeling the axes and identifying important regions of the plot.
- Describe the features of a dose- response curve.
- Explain differences in dose- responses in a population of individuals.
- Describe why individuals who have idiosyncratic responses (either hypersensitivity or hyperresistance to toxicants) are outliers and propose mechanisms for their differences.
- Describe how alterations in homeostasis can affect an individual’s dose-response.