Risk assessment and risk management
How does poison management protect human health through a knowledge of poisons and their antidotes?
- List various ways that poisons enter the body.
- List signs and symptoms associated with poisoning.
- Describe the general treatment of drug overdose.
- Discuss the emergency medical care for the patient with possible overdose and/or suspected poisoning.
- Describe the importance of poisoning andoverdose,their manifestations,and prevention strategies utilized in the management of a few prototype toxins.
- Explain the role and function of Poison Control Centers and TESS (Toxic Exposure Surveillance