How do predisposing factors such as variations in health, gender, and age affect the response of a population to a toxicant?
- Describe how endocrine disruptors affect the development and function of the reproductive system.
- Describe how partial agonists such as tamoxifen function
- to block hormone signaling pathways.
- Describe the effects of sex hormones on adolescents and adults.
- Relate the sequence of human development to time periods in which teratogen exposure results in developmental toxicity.
- Explain why children may be more susceptible to toxicants than adults.
- Describe the effect of pregnancy on susceptibility of females to toxicants.
- Explain how epigenetic mechanisms can play a role in DNA gene expression and