Impact of Microorganisms
Why are microbes essential for life as we know it and the processes that support life?
- Provide examples of essential microbe-microbe or microbe-host relationships.
- Describe the role of cyanobacteria in the oxygenation of the atmosphere.
- Describe the normal microbiota and the purposes they serve in the environment and human populations.
- Predict the effect on a host organism if the normal microbiota were removed.
- Explain the role of natural microbial populations in bioremediation/decomposition/nutrient cycling.