Information Flow and Genetics
How is the synthesis of viral genetic material and proteins dependent on host cells?
- Define the terms restriction and modification with regard to a bacteriophage infection.
- Given a type of virus, list the steps that take place in the replication of its genome.
- Compare and contrast the multiplication of animal viruses and bacteriophages.
- Compare and contrast the viral enzymes needed by RNA, DNA, and retroviruses.
- Compare and contrast the host enzymes needed by RNA, DNA, and retroviruses.
- Given a description of an antiviral medication, predict whether it would be effective against RNA, DNA, or retroviruses.