How is the evolutionary relatedness of organisms best reflected in phylogenetic trees?
- List the three Domains of the phylogenetic tree of life. State a unique characteristic of each Domain.
- List two features of a useful molecular/evolutionary clock.
- Explain what features of 16S rRNA make it useful to compare the evolutionary relationship between organisms.
- Determine the two most related and two least related organisms from a short list of 16S rRNA sequences.
- Draw inferences about evolutionary relatedness of organisms based on phylogenetic trees.