Cell Structure and Function
How are replication cycles of viruses (lytic and lysogenic) different among viruses and how are they determined by their unique structures and genomes?
- Label the key parts of the virus.
- Arrange the steps of a viral infection by bacteriophage in correct order, specifically, either a temperate or lytic phage.
- Predict the replication cycle of a virus based on the genes it carries.
- Compare and contrast the replication cycles of bacteriophages T4 and lambda, including the consequences of infection.
- Compare and contrast the differences between lysogenic and latent viral infections.
- Describe how a lysogenic phage can contribute to virulence, and give one example.