Nature of Genetic Material
What are the molecular components and mechanisms necessary to preserve and duplicate an organism’s genome?
- Draw a simple line diagram showing a segment of DNA from a gene and its RNA transcript, indicating which DNA strand is the template, the direction of transcription and the polarities of all DNA and RNA strands.
- Describe the process of mitosis, transcription, and translation. How are mistakes in these processes identified and corrected?
- A virtual laboratory on cell division using a publicly-available image database
- An undergraduate bioinformatics curriculum that teaches eukaryotic gene structure
- Integrating Manipulatives and Animations to Visualize Holliday Junctions
- Sex-specific differences in Meiosis: Real-world applications
- Why Meiosis Matters: The case of the fatherless snake
- You and Your Oral Microflora: Introducing non-biology majors to their “forgotten organ”