Transmission - Patterns of Inheritance
How does the phenomenon of linkage affect the assortment of alleles during meiosis?
- Diagram the process of homologous recombination during meiosis and explain how it can lead to new combinations of linked alleles.
- Explain the role of homologous recombination in ensuring proper segregation of homologs in meiosis I
- Explain how a specific combination of linked alleles (haplotype) can persist through many generations (linkage disequilibrium).
- Calculate gene linkage and genetic map distances and interference from the frequencies of progeny with recombinant phenotypes from genetic crosses.
- Explain how genetic distance is different from physical distance.
- Calculate the probability of a particular gamete being produced from an individual, provided map distance.
- Use statistical analysis to determine how well data from a genetic cross or human pedigree analysis fits theoretical predictions including an explanation of the appropriate statistical test.
- Explain the meaning of a LOD score.