Genetics & Ethics
How does genetics impact society and society impact genetics?
- Compare the benefits and risks associated with the acquisition, ownership and storage of personal genetic and genomic information.
- Defend the assertion that genetic testing will play a central role in the diagnosis and treatment of cancer in the future.
- Contrast past and present views about how genetic information should be used by society, employers, and the government in support of public policies.
- Write about how obtaining personal genetic information could lead to negative consequences affecting others.
- Casting a Wide Net via Case Studies: Educating across the undergraduate to medical school continuum in the biological sciences
- Exploration of the Human Genome by Investigation of Personalized SNPs
- Homologous chromosomes? Exploring human sex chromosomes, sex determination and sex reversal using bioinformatics approaches