Gene Expression and Regulation
How can gene activity be altered in the absence of DNA changes?
- Discuss the roles of types of RNA other than mRNA in expressing genetic information.
- Contrast the packaging of DNA into euchromatin versus heterochromatin in the context of histone modification, and DNA modification (where applicable)
- Defend how most cells can have the same genetic content and yet have different functions in the body.
- Discuss the potential roles of DNA modification, histone modification, and non-coding RNA in epigenetic inheritance, both somatic and germline
- Discuss environmental impacts on epigenetic systems