What is biodiversity at the genetic, species and functional (niche) level within an area, a biome or on Earth?
- Create a morphological key to identify taxa.
- Use molecular biology techniques identify functional groups of organisms (e.g., soil, stream, human microbiome, ocean water).
- Conduct a biological inventory of a specific habitat.
- Develop and use a biotic index to show the quality of an environment.
- Predict and justify where you would find a specific species in a particular habitat.
- "Got Algae?" A Sorting Game for Introducing the Weird and Wonderful Diversity of Algae
- Assessing Urban Biodiversity With the eBird Citizen Science Project: A Course-Based Undergraduate Research Experience (CURE) Module
- Biodiversity Show and Tell: An Accessible Activity to Encourage Students to Explore the Tree of Life
- Developing Data Literacy Skills and Connecting the Student Experience in the Classroom to the Community Through Biodiversity Projects
- Life Is Just a Game: An Active Learning Activity to Teach Life History Evolution
- Teaching Biodiversity with Museum Specimens in an Inquiry-Based Lab