Impacts of Humans on Ecosystems
What impacts do humans have on ecosystems?
- Using a long term data set (e.g., biodiversity, NPP, dissolved organic matter), examine historical and current trends for a particular habitat and explain how humans have impacted the area.
- A Remote Introductory Biology Lab Using Backyard Birdwatching to Teach Data Analysis and Communication
- Assessing Urban Biodiversity With the eBird Citizen Science Project: A Course-Based Undergraduate Research Experience (CURE) Module
- Chilling in the Cold: Using Thermal Acclimation to Demonstrate Phenotypic Plasticity in Animals
- Nanoparticles and Shrimp: An Interdisciplinary Lab Series in Chemistry and Biology for Undergraduate Engineering Students
- Squirreling Around for Science: Observing Sciurid Rodents to Investigate Animal Behavior
- Using Seafood Traceability to Teach the Complexities of Natural Resource Management and Sustainability
- Using Structured Decision Making to Explore Complex Environmental Issues
- Using Student Perceptions and Cooperative Learning to Unpack Primary Literature on Global Change
- What is Speciation, How Does It Occur, and Why Is It Important for Conservation?