Matter and Energy in Ecosystems
How does matter and energy move in an ecosystem?
- Compare and contrast matter and energy movement in an ecosystem. (or model)
- Predict the consequences to changes in primary production due to perturbations (e.g., drought, fire, flood, temperature, nutrient changes).
- Generate and interpret carbon cycle models at ecosystem and global scales.
- Evaluate the claims in a current research paper on how a given carbon sequestration method will impact the global carbon cycle.
- Construct a model of the nitrogen cycle in an ecosystem to predict the impact of changes in the microbial community on the system.