Interactions within Ecosystems
How do systems change over time?
- Construct a model to explain how the interactions among the biotic and abiotic factors of a system can vary (direction, magnitude, frequency) in space and time.
- Predict and explain the response of disturbance by:
- -individuals (e.g., acclimation, death, migration)
- -populations (e.g., adaptation, migration, extinction)
- -communities and ecosystems (e.g., resiliency, functional redundancy, large changes to ecosystem structure)