Matter and Energy in Ecosystems
How do organisms obtain and use matter and energy to live and grow?
- Predict and explain the difference in biomass of plants grown in the light or in the dark.
- Compare and contrast the mechanisms by which plants and fungi gain biomass.
- Explain how mass gain and loss differs between active and sedentary consumers.
- Using Pathway Maps to Link Concepts, Peer Review, Primary Literature Searches and Data Assessment in Large Enrollment Classes: An example from teaching ecosystem ecology
- Using Place-Based Economically Relevant Organisms to Improve Student Understanding of the Roles of Carbon Dioxide, Sunlight, and Nutrients in Photosynthetic Organisms