Impacts of Ecosystems on Human Health and Well-being
How do humans depend on ecosystems for their health and well-being?
- Pick a human health issue and construct an argument tying it to the environment (e.g., water-borne disease, food poisoning, air quality, dioxin, UV radiation).
- Evaluate the claims in a recent paper about the relationship between biodiversity and human disease risk.
- Create a sustainability plan for a managed ecosystem (e.g., agro-ecosystems, forests, urban park).
- Air Quality Data Mining: Mining the US EPA AirData website for student-led evaluation of air quality issues
- Biodiversity Show and Tell: An Accessible Activity to Encourage Students to Explore the Tree of Life
- Using Seafood Traceability to Teach the Complexities of Natural Resource Management and Sustainability
- Using Structured Decision Making to Explore Complex Environmental Issues