Nuclear Structure and Function
How does the structure of the nucleus affect chromosome organization and gene expression?
- Describe the arrangement of chromosomal DNA in the nucleus and how it changes during the cell cycle.
- Compare and contrast how the presence of a nucleus in eukaryotes and its absence in prokaryotes alters the dynamics of gene expression.
- Design an experiment to demonstrate the role of the nuclear pore complex.
- From an evolutionary perspective, propose a mechanism that gave rise to the eukaryotic nucleus.
- Diagram where ribosomal components are synthesized and where they are assembled.