Evolutionary History of Cells
How does evolutionary history explain the similarities and differences among cells?
- Evaluate data about the evolutionary relatedness among eukaryotes, archaea, and bacteria, including caveats or limitations.
- Evaluate the case for cytoskeleton evolution from bacterial components.
- Describe the major types of genomic changes that are important in cellular and organism evolution.
- Compare and contrast cellular structure and function in eubacteria, archae and eukaryotes in the context of their evolutionary history.
- Construct an explanation for the interrelatedness of photosynthesis and respiration in an evolutionary context.