Methods & Tools of Cell Biology
How do the methods and tools of cell biology enable and limit our understanding of the cell?
- Assess the usefulness and limitations of information obtained different types of microscopy.
- Describe different strategies to break open cells and isolate cellular organelles.
- Give an example of how the study of temperature-sensitive mutants was instrumental in elucidating the details of a cellular pathway.
- A virtual laboratory on cell division using a publicly-available image database
- Investigating the Function of a Transport Protein: Where is ABCB6 Located in Human Cells?
- Learning About Protein Localization: A Lesson for Analyzing Figures in a Scientific Publication
- Translating Co-Translational Translocation
- Using a Sequential Interpretation of Data in Envelopes (SIDE) approach to identify a mystery TRP channel
- Using Yeast to Make Scientists: A Six-Week Student-Driven Research Project for the Cell Biology Laboratory