Matter & Energy Transformation
How do cells transform energy and cycle matter?
- List the types of energy used by cells and give examples of when / in what cells / situations the different energy sources are used.
- Explain why energy transformations are necessary in the cell.
- Diagram the energy transformations used in glycolysis, respiration and photosynthesis in a plant cell.
- Explain how cyanide, an electron transport chain inhibitor, impacts oxygen consumption within animal cells.
- Discovering Cellular Respiration with Computational Modeling and Simulations
- Evaluating the Quick Fix: Weight Loss Drugs and Cellular Respiration
- Using Place-Based Economically Relevant Organisms to Improve Student Understanding of the Roles of Carbon Dioxide, Sunlight, and Nutrients in Photosynthetic Organisms