How do cells send, receive, and respond to signals from their environment, including other cells?
- Explain how a cell’s interactions with its environment can influence cell morphology, behavior, division, or survival.
- Compare and contrast the molecular mechanisms of membrane receptor-mediated and nuclear receptor-mediated signal transduction.
- Describe different mechanisms by which a membrane-bound receptor can affect cell physiology or behavior.
- Choose an everyday human experience and explain how it is mediated by cellular changes due to an external signal.
- Describe how the presence of gap junctions alters cellular responses to extracellular signals.