How can and why do cells with the same genomes have different structures and functions?
- Describe how differential gene regulation causes cell differentiation.
- Compare and contrast the structure and function of different cell types.
- Predict how a drug with a known target would affect the function of a specific cell type (e.g., a neuron).
- Evaluate the strength and limitations of pieces of evidence in support of the claim that a particular inherited diseases affects a specific cell type.
- Evaluate the benefits of cell specialization in organisms with varying degrees of complexity.
- Evaluate evidence in support of the claim stem cells have great potential in the treatment of a variety of human diseases.