RNA - Information Transfer [TRANSCRIPTOMICS]
How can bioinformatics tools be employed to examine transfer of genetic information?
- Given a microarray or RNA-seq data file, find the set of significantly differentially expressed genes.
- Perform motif discovery on the promoter regions of a set of genes identified by a ChIP-seq experiment.
- Use RNA structure prediction programs (e.g., RNASoft, RNAFold, RNAStructure) to evaluate possible structures for an RNA sequence.
- Identify the possible different splice isoforms possible from a given gene sequence.
- An undergraduate bioinformatics curriculum that teaches eukaryotic gene structure
- Investigating Cell Signaling with Gene Expression Datasets
- Tackling "Big Data" with Biology Undergrads: A Simple RNA-seq Data Analysis Tutorial Using Galaxy
- Teaching RNAseq at Undergraduate Institutions: A tutorial and R package from the Genome Consortium for Active Teaching