Discovery requires objective measurement, quantitative analysis and clear communication
What is the scientific process?
- Accurately prepare and use reagents and perform the required experiments.
- When presented with an observation, develop a testable and falsifiable hypothesis.
- When provided with a hypothesis, identify the appropriate experimental observations and controllable variables.
- Determine averages and standard deviations to relate the significance of experimentally obtained data.
- Use equations and models to predict outcomes of experiments.
- Use appropriate equations to analyze experimental data and obtain parameters.