Macromolecular Structure Determines Function and Regulation
How is the biological activity of macromolecules regulated?
- Compare and contrast various mechanisms for regulating the function of a macromolecule or an enzymatic reaction or pathway.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of regulating a reaction allosterically
- Discuss examples of allosteric regulation, covalent regulation and gene level alterations of macromolecular structure-function.
- Use experimental data to assess the type of regulation in response to either homotropic or heterotropic ligands on a macromolecule.
- Design a model to explain the regulation of macromolecule structure-function.
- Describe how evolution has shaped the regulation of macromolecules and processes
- Describe how changes in cellular homeostasis affect signaling and regulatory molecules and metabolic intermediates.