How is homeostasis quantified?
- Describe experiments discussing how signaling and regulatory molecules and metabolic intermediates can be quantitated in the laboratory.
- Relate concentrations of key metabolites to steps of metabolic pathways and describe the roles they play in homeostasis.
- Calculate enzymatic rates and compare these rates and relate these rates back to cellular or organismal homeostasis.
- Explain that organismal homeostasis can be measured in multiple ways and over different time scales (seconds, minutes, hours, days and months).
- Given a metabolic network and appropriate data, predict the outcomes of changes in parameters of the system such as increased concentrations of certain intermediates or the changes in the activity of certain enzymes.