Macromolecular Structure Determines Function and Regulation
How are a variety of experimental and computational approaches used to observe and quantitatively measure the structure, dynamics and function of biological macromolecules?
- Propose a purification scheme for a particular molecule in a mixture given the biophysical properties of the various molecules in the mix.
- Explain how computational approaches can be used to explore protein-ligand interactions and discuss how the results of such computations can be explored experimentally
- Either propose experiments that would determine the quaternary structure of a molecule or interpret data pertaining to tertiary and quaternary structure of molecules
- Compare and contrast the computational approaches available to propose a three dimensional structure of a macromolecule and discuss how the proposed structure could be validated experimentally.
- Analyze kinetic or binding data to derive appropriate parameters and assess the validity of the model used to describe the phenomenon.